Sunday, June 24, 2012

When it rains like this.


          When it rains like this it give me a chance to think. Last year, there was a drought. The summer heat dried and cracked the ground. This year the drought is broken by light showers. A flood in May and now a healthy splash of rain. The clouds gather to drop rain upon the ground. Unaware or uncaring of the creatures below. Most people seek comfort indoors. Weak like Superman without the sun. I embrace the rain. It gives me a chance to see nature from another side. I observe the clouds as they roam across the sky. I observe the puddles. I watch how the surface dances as the rain drops disturb the stillness. I look at my dog. I wonder how he perceives the rain. I hear the thunder in the distance roaring causing car alarms to go off. I notice the rain drops hit the delicate leafs and pedals of plants and flowers. The rain give me a different perspective on nature. Neither side has a monopoly on beauty. Whether it's a sunny day or rainy. Overcast or clear skies. Nature does not cater to ones idea of beauty. It's amazing in its own right. That's its real beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment